Monday, February 16, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 7

Day 7: Love believes the best - "Love chooses to believe the best about people."

T
he book talks about two rooms in the depths of your heart. The first is the Appreciation Room where positive thoughts and feelings about your spouse are stored. The second is the Depreciation Room where negative feelings and ammunition for arguments live. In the beginning of your relationship, the Appreciation Room is the only place you visit, but after marriage, the Depreciation Room tends to be the place that people spend lots of time. We forget those things that we appreciate about our spouse as daily life gets in the way and we tend to depreciate them, just like a car depreciates. The more we drive the car, the more used to it we get. We forget why we bought it in the first place and start complaining about the things that are "wrong" with it.


Day 7 Dare:
For today's dare, get two sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each. At some point druing the remainder of the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list and think your spouse for having this characteristic.

M
att has many positive traits, but some of them are so hard to put into words. I found that the negative list was easier to compile, but it was shorter than the positive list. I have hidden the lists in my night stand drawer and will pull them out when it appears in another dare. I imagine I will be revisiting the lists soon. But, since I will be showing this blog to Matt at the completion of the Love Dare, I will not be publishing the either positive or negative. It's for us only.


Lord, thank you so much for giving Matt to me. I love him so much. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,

    My name is Stephanie Curry. I found your blog spot when searching for Day 7. My Youth Pastor from Christ Community Fellowship, here in Walla Walla Washington and I are both doing the Love Dare and holding each other accountable through facebook emails. I just want to thank you for how deep your page is. From one sister to another, thank you.

    stephicurry@my180.net
    Keep on Believing

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments of support and encouragement and welcome your thoughts. If you know of someone that might benefit from my adventure, please forward them a link.