Friday, February 27, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 18

Day 18: Love seeks to understand - "How blessed is the man who finds wisdom and the man who gains understanding." - Proverbs 3:13


W
e should seek to study our spouse. I mean really study him/her. By doing so, it will give us greater insight into them and to help better understand them. Do you think you completely understand your spouse? I know I don't always understand mine...that's for sure. That's also part of being the opposite sex. We are built differently. God did that on purpose. We are built to complement each other. To mesh together. But, that doesn't mean it is easy. We are so different that we have a hard time understanding each other. Let's make it our goal to completely understand our spouse. I know for sure I'm trying every day.


Day 18 Dare:
Prepare a special dinner at home, just for the two of you. The dinner can be as nice as you prefer. Focus this time on getting to know your spouse btter, perhaps in areas you've rarely talked about. Determine to make it an enjoyable evening for you and your mate.


Tonight, I created a nice, romantic evening for me and Matt. I had to wait until the kids were in bed in order for it to be just the two of us. While Matt was helping Ben into bed, I lit some candles and put out our fancy glasses that never get used. When he came down the steps, the buzzer to the oven went off and he saw the candles and glasses sitting on the table. He smiled. Just then, the buzzer went off and the pizza was ready. Yes, I said pizza. Matt has to be the pickiest eater on the face of the earth, so what you might consider a nice meal would make Matt gag. Who said pizza can't be romantic? I turned off the TV and the lights and we had a quiet dinner...just the two of us. It was very nice and I think I need to make this a habit. Maybe it should be a Friday night ritual. Turn off the TV and spend time together. How easy that would be for me to really seek to understand him with no other distractions!


Lord, thank You again for a wonderful evening with the love of my life. I pray for many more nights like this to come. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I think any meal can be nice depending on the circumstances!
    Again, the important thing is committing to investing the time and not making excuses for something not being done!
    I still am anxious to know what's going on in his head....and what his reactions will be!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments of support and encouragement and welcome your thoughts. If you know of someone that might benefit from my adventure, please forward them a link.