Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 16

Day 16: Love intercedes – “Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.” – 3 John 2


W
e should pray for our spouses on a daily basis. It seems like we always remember to pray for ourselves, our children, those friends that asked you to pray for a specific need, etc., but why do we oftentimes forget to pray for our spouse. I don’t mean just pray for their safety or health (which seem to be first things that come to my mind), but pray for their heart, their soul, their total inner self. Today’s lesson focused on the fact that you cannot change your spouse (or anyone for that matter). I know that, but sometimes I selfishly forget that it can’t be done. All we can do is pray for our spouses…pray for them every single day. We should do this out of honor and love for both them and most importantly for God.



Day 16 Dare:
Begin praying today for your spouse’s heart. Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your spouse’s life and in your marriage.



I
did choose three areas to pray for Matt. I chose to pray for Matt that he will continue to grow in the Lord. I chose to pray for Matt that he will continue to be a Godly husband to me and father to our children. I chose to pray for Matt that by his actions and words, he will be a shining light and testimony to God’s grace and mercy. Matt is a wonderful man. But, just like me, he is a sinner saved by God’s grace. I’m going to make a point to pray for Matt in these specific areas every single day. It’s sometimes difficult for me to keep it about the other person. I want my prayers to be completely selfless.



Lord, please touch Matt in the areas about which I have already spoken with You. Thank You for Your grace and mercy that Matt and I will dwell in Your kingdom together forever. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I think these are great areas to start! They are kinda a good starting place, ya know?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments of support and encouragement and welcome your thoughts. If you know of someone that might benefit from my adventure, please forward them a link.