Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 1

Day 1: Love is patient - "Love will inspire you to become a patient person."

T
oday's lesson is about patience and negativity. Actually, it's about being positive which comes easily if you are being patient. I have a real tendency to speak in a negative tone. In general, I'm a very positive and optimistic person, but when I get upset or annoyed, I lash out with harsh tones. I don't necessarily yell, but just being negative or sarcastic. I am guilty of yelling at times, but I sincerely try to use kind tones on a daily basis. Regardless of the situation.

Day 1 Dare:
Resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all.

I
had a very nice day today. I was excited about starting the dare and was very successful at the challenge. To me, not being negative means not nagging about the dirty clothes laying on his side of the bed. It means, not getting upset when the garbage is overflowing. Or not huffing and puffing so loudly when I have to take it out myself. I did not say one single negative thing to Matt today. Not one. Apparently, it was very obvious that I was being nice because he commented several times about how good my mood had been during the day. I did not find today's dare to be a struggle. I just have to remember to continue practicing patience daily.

Lord, please be with me as I work my way thru the Love Dare. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I just started day 1! I love your blog! it gives me hope! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments of support and encouragement and welcome your thoughts. If you know of someone that might benefit from my adventure, please forward them a link.