Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 5

Day 5: Love is not rude - "The bottom line is that genuine love minds its manners."


I hate rudeness, so I'm very conscious about it and try not to be rude. It's amazing how being rude to someone can bring out the worst in them. It's a vicious cycle. You're rude to someone, it's ruins their day and they turn around and are rude to someone else. I've worked in customer service and had to train myself to ignore the rude behavior's of others. It's difficult for me. Husbands and wives can be rude to each other without even realizing it. Sometimes, it's in our unspoken actions, sometimes it's in our words.



Day 5 Dare: Ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only.



I found this dare very difficult. The most difficult, by far. It was especially hard because Matt doesn't know about my Love Dare. Fortunately, it happened on Valentine's Day and I was able to work it into a conversation that we were having about how good our week had been. Meaning not ONE single argument about anything. Anything. I asked Matt what were some things that I did that irritated him. He really had to think on it and then said the only thing he could think of was the negativity, which I had already corrected. Wow. I'm not sure if I just put him on the spot or if there really isn't anything else. Well, if this was Day 5, I can't imagine how much harder this will get. I haven't read ahead and I don't plan on it. I think it will be scary to read ahead and that's why I'm taking it one day at a time.


Lord, thank you so much for a wonderful husband that loves me for who I am. I can only hope and pray that this challenge brings us closer to each other and to You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments of support and encouragement and welcome your thoughts. If you know of someone that might benefit from my adventure, please forward them a link.