Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 2

Day 2: Love is kind - "Love makes you kind. And kindness makes you likeable."

I
know Matt loves me. But does he like me? I hope so. But, I know I'm not always likeable. Who is? We would by lying to ourselves if we said we are always likeable. So, a solution? Be kind. Have you ever thought about how difficult it is to dislike someone that is always kind. I'm very kind to everyone. Wait a minute. I'm lying. I'm not always kind to Matt. There are some times that I am downright nasty to him, but he loves me anyway. I can tell he doesn't like me at those times, but I bet if I was nice to him, he would like me. My goal is to be likeable. All the time.


Day 2 Dare:
In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

F
or today's dare, along with not being negative, I packed Matt's lunch for him and left him a sweet note in his lunchbox. I know that may not seem as if it is a big deal, but it's something that he does every night and rarely do I offer to pack it for him. He even takes the same thing each day. I packed it almost as soon as I got home from work. I didn't want him to beat me to it. He didn't notice it for quite some time, but right as he was coming to the bedroom from his shower, he told me thank you for packing his lunch. He also sent me an email this morning thanking me for the note in his lunchbox. I know he was grateful and guess what...I bet he really liked me at that moment.


Lord, keep me strong and faithful. I know the challenges will get more difficult as I continue thru this book. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the movie and I look forward to watching your journey. I want to get the book soon too and commit to it also. Thanks for being a great bloggy buddy~

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments of support and encouragement and welcome your thoughts. If you know of someone that might benefit from my adventure, please forward them a link.