Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 22

Day 22: Love is faithful - "I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Lord." - Hosea 2:20

F
aithfulness doesn't only mean keeping yourself just for your spouse sexually. It also means that no matter what happens, that you will love your spouse. Thru thick and thin, thru firestorms and calm times, you will love your spouse. Love is a choice and we must choose to be faithful in all aspects. God calls us to love Him with all our heart and soul and to love our neighbors as ourselves. Doesn't that mean that we should love our spouse as our self? Wow. Isn't our spouse our closest neighbor? Yes, of course. So, we should love him/her just as God called us to love Him. Faithfully.


Day 22 Dare:
Love is a choice, not a feeling. It is an initiated action, not a knee-jerk reaction. Choose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. Say to them today in words similar to these, "I love you. Period. I choose to love you even if you don't love me in return."


I
'm very fortunate that Matt loves me just as much as I love him. Thru the tiniest of disagreements to the knock-down-drag-out fights, we still love each other. I have chosen to be committed to Matt and he is very much interested in receiving my love. He is just as committed to me and we are both completely faithful to each other.


M
att hasn't felt well this week, so I'm very glad that these dares have been more about "me" and my relationship with God as well as finding out things about myself. With God's help, I have been able to dig deeply into my heart and see that without Him, I am incapable of loving whole-heartedly and faithfully.


Lord, thank You for helping me choose to love Matt faithfully. Please help me to remember that without You, I would be completely incapable of giving the kind of love that Matt deserves and needs. Amen.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments of support and encouragement and welcome your thoughts. If you know of someone that might benefit from my adventure, please forward them a link.