Monday, March 2, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 21

Day 21: Love is satisfied in God – “The Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire.” – Isaiah 58:11

Sometimes we expect our spouse to satisfy all of our needs, but really there are desires deep inside of us that can only be satisfied by God. He is the only one that will not let us down. Think of all the times that your spouse has let you down. Maybe they didn’t even know it, but you were in some way disappointed. Maybe you thought she should have made a better financial decision. Maybe you thought he should have stayed home with you to help you with that sick child when he went fishing. There are lots of reasons to be dissatisfied with our spouse. He is human…just like me. So, I’m trying to remember that God is the only one that can satisfy my inner self and I should lean on Him and not put all of my security in my spouse.

Day 21 Dare: Be intentional today about making a time to pray and read your Bible. Try reading a chapter out of Proverbs each day (there are thirty-one – a full month’s supply), or reading a chapter in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). As you do, immerse yourself in the love and promises God has for you. This will add to your growth as you walk with Him.

I purchased a new Bible the same day I bought my Love Dare book. I chose a women’s devotional Bible and have enjoyed it so far. I started reading in Proverbs and continued for several chapters. I will be mindful in the planning of my day to include extra time to continue reading and studying.

Lord, thank You for Your Word. I have no idea where I be without Your Words of encouragement, enlightenment, love and support. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. ooh this is so true!
    I think so many times we put our men on pedastals without remembering they are human just like we are.
    I catch myself not verbalizing needs and expectations and then getting disappointed which isn't fair!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments of support and encouragement and welcome your thoughts. If you know of someone that might benefit from my adventure, please forward them a link.