Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 33

Day 33: Love completes each other – “If two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone?” Ecclesiastes 4:11


G
od created Eve to be Adam’s partner. He saw that Adam was alone and he did not like this. God designed us very differently, but males and females complement each other in many ways. Not just physically, but spiritually and emotionally, too. I don’t like to be alone. When Matt is away on business, I miss him. When we’re at work, I miss him. When I’m busy with the kids and he’s mowing the lawn, I miss him. That’s the way it should be in marriage. We are meant to be together to complete each other.


Day 33 Dare
: Recognize that your spouse is integral to your future success. Let them know today that you desire to include them in your upcoming decisions, and that you need their perspective and counsel. If you have ignored their input in the past, admit your oversight and ask them to forgive you.


I
always include Matt in decisions I make. Not necessarily the little decisions like which brand of toothpaste to buy or whether or not to have mashed potatoes with supper…but the big decisions. Should we put new carpet or hardwood in the house? How much over our 10% can we tithe this month to help the church reach its budget? When do we need a new car? Those are biggies. Matt and I always make those decisions together. That doesn’t mean we don’t argue a little bit before we come to a decision, but ultimately the decision is made in unison. Together. Matt knows I always confer with him when making a decision larger than what color to paint the hallway.


Lord, thank You for giving me a husband that listens and values my input and opinions. Help us to come to You in prayer when in disagreement with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments of support and encouragement and welcome your thoughts. If you know of someone that might benefit from my adventure, please forward them a link.