Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 32

Day 32: Love meets sexual needs – “The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will tempt you because of your lack of self-control." 1 Corinthians 7:3-5


Well, I guess this could bring up the age-old battle of men and women, huh? There are so many jokes out there about men wanting to have sex all the time and the women never wanting it. I bet you are sitting on the edge of your seat to see if it’s that way with us, right? Sorry. That’s between me and Matt. But, I’ll put it this way…I have the occasional headache (wink, wink) and go to bed early. However, God designed us all differently. We all have sex drives that are very different. We should find somewhere in the middle and stick with it. That way, no one is disappointed.


Day 32 Dare:
If at all possible, try to initiate sex with your husband or wife today. Do this in a way that honors what your spouse has told you (or implied to you) about what they need from you sexually. Ask God to make this enjoyable for both of you as well as a path to greater intimacy.


I’m sure you understand, but for our privacy, I’ll leave today’s dare this way…I completed it. That’s all you need to know.


Lord, please help me to be a Godly wife that fulfills all of my husband’s desires. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sparing me the visual, I mean keeping that private. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mental images are haunting, huh Rhonda?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments of support and encouragement and welcome your thoughts. If you know of someone that might benefit from my adventure, please forward them a link.